Friday, April 16, 2010

When it feels like it's all falling apart

Some days your world just seems to crumble. Sometimes all the little things you are holding in the air at once, juggling your tasks, emotions, and responsiblities, just have to fall. Like when you find yourself sick with no time to go to the doctor and your to-do list just keeps getting longer and someone has mistreated your children and your DVR quits working so you're missing your favorite shows, and your boss drops a BOMB like saying your classroom has to be completely boxed up before you check out in May, and you just want to go see your sister & nephews but you know you have too much to do and it makes you sick because you miss them so bad, and anxious thoughts have overtaken your mind robbing you of peace you know you should have in Jesus, and you're running in a hundred different directions not feeling like you're making a difference in any area, and your house is a wreck no matter how much you clean it, and you don't have time to do your own laundry because there's always others' to do, and you're run down feeling like your body just won't move as fast as you will it to, and you're spending so much time at work that you feel guilty for the lack of time with your kids, and the stress is showing, physically, so that now you stress about your appearance, and you're so close to tears that the slightest criticism could break you, and you've forgotten about picture day, snack day, or simply that you need to pick up your child before you go home and this guilt starts to nag away at you piling up on top of the critical things you say to yourself...

Sometimes all you can do is STOP trying to hold it all together and just let go.. and let God.

I have to remind myself of that whenever one thing goes wrong after another and life seems to be too much for me to handle. I can't manage my life on my own, I'll fail everytime. It's only by God's Grace that I can make it in this fallen, lonely, corrupt world. I don't know HOW I'm going to get thru some of this stuff, but I do know WHO is going to get me thru it.. and that's my Savior. That's all I really need to know. He is my blessed assurance, my peace, my breath of life.. so when I find it too hard to breathe, I know.. I just need more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Beholding & Becoming

“It’s impossible to behold what He has made and not be humbled as the created.” This beautiful book seeped in the richness of God’s Word ...