Saturday, October 13, 2018

30 Days to Understanding the Bible

Ever felt frustrated with trying to read the Bible?

Maybe you set your New Year's Resolution and quickly found that from starting in Genesis you didn't make it very far. Maybe you just picked a book from the Bible and found that while reading your mind wandered or you weren't sure what the meaning was of what you just read.

I have been reading a book lately that has expanded my understanding of the Bible like never before. 

 


I am not a Bible scholar and my Bible-Belt, Southern Christian upbringing had given me a view of the Bible as being a big list of to-dos and not to-dos and the punnishment that awaited if you failed. Until a few years ago I saw Christianity as about being “good” and deep down felt salvation was earned. As God has been working on my heart in understanding grace, this book has been working on my head in understanding God's Word.

The book has broken the Bible down into manageable chunks that enables me to see God's artistry & design. I am a detail oriented person who sometimes has trouble seeing the bigger picture. The way this book gives timelines, eras, themes, styles, doctrines, and geography has given me a clearer  perspective as a whole. 

I love the repetition and self-tests in each chapter. It has helped me to gain mental ownership of the information. With these study strategies it is a great tool to "unlock the scriptures in 15 minutes a day" as the subtitle says. You really can read a chapter each day and build a deeper connection to the Bible. Check out this intro video




God as an author is a genius. His Word reveals His creativity, His divine purpose & His great love for His people. There is so much to be gained by digging in The Word each day. Yet, we can be limited in knowledge of how to go about that in a meaningful way. This is why I highly recommend this book. You can use this book to expand your intellect and let that deepen your study of God's Word. 

Anyone can read this. Everyone can benefit from this. 




I received an advance reader's copy of this book from the publisher Thomas Nelson as a member of the 30 Days to Understanding the Bible book launch team. This is my honest review of 30 Days to Understanding the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)

Beholding & Becoming

“It’s impossible to behold what He has made and not be humbled as the created.” This beautiful book seeped in the richness of God’s Word ...