Monday, February 14, 2011

an Audrey lost in a sea of Marilyns

We all know that every woman wants to be like Marilyn Monroe, right? Glamorous, Beautiful, Sexy, Adored, Striking- Well I'm sure no Marilyn, that much is for certain. I'd like to think I'm more of an Audrey Hepburn. Ahhhh Audrey.. if only.. to be that lovely, that classy, that put-together.. but what would -Her Fabulousness- be like in today's times?
Sometimes I feel like I'm an Audrey Hepburn character cast in the wrong movie.. in the wrong era. As if I'm in a movie about a brothel or something. Of course there's the Holly Golightly character one could argue. (Audrey fans will know what I mean.) But even in Breakfast at Tiffany's when she's supposed to be a sort of harlot, she still appears demure and poised.
Where would she fit walking around amidst the scantily-clad, brazen women of today in her pedal pushers & ballet flats? Would she even be noticed? Would her class get her anywhere today? I'd like to think so but sometimes I wonder.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
Audrey Hepburn


There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain. Audrey Hepburn 


The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years. Audrey Hepburn


It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it.' Audrey Hepburn


Photobucket

1 comment:

I love comments :)

Beholding & Becoming

“It’s impossible to behold what He has made and not be humbled as the created.” This beautiful book seeped in the richness of God’s Word ...