Wednesday, July 22, 2009

lunch

Had lunch today.. which is, of course, something I do everyday. The reason it matters today is because of the people I had lunch with.. my girls.

It's a simple thing really- to make time to get together with your friends, to make an effort to stay involved in each other's lives, to let them know you are there for them. So why is that such a difficult task sometimes? Well there's jobs, kids, spouses, family, obligations, chores & errands that can get in the way of good intentions. Which is a part of what makes our group so amazing.



All together between us we have 21 kids.. and a new little one arriving in September. Today at my humble home we had 13 of them running around. The oldest is my Princess who is 7 and the rest are 5 & under. That's a pretty crazy time as I'm sure you know. We don't get much visiting in while we're chasing toddlers around, but between shrieks & giggles we get caught up as best we can. It's just the fact of being there that counts.

I love watching the kids together-their little personalities as unique as their mommas'.. especially the girls. You can just see US in THEM. Today they played dress up.. not unlike us when we finally get a Girls Night Out.
They are oblivious to what all we go through to have these little get-togethers. Inevitably, when it's time to go, tears will be shed & a fit or two thrown about leaving their friends.. and who could blame them? Sometimes I just want to throw a fit & cry "NO!" too. Our time together is over too soon it seems and we all must go back to doing whatever we were doing before.

With all that is going on in our lives, I can't help but wonder how much longer this can last. We must adjust to the winds of change that are swirling all around us, we have no other choice, but I do hope that somehow we can defy the odds.. and weather the storm.

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you do this with your friends! What an example you guys are setting for your children, creating and maintaining true friendships. I, myself, am a TERRIBLE friend, but for some reason God has blessed me with many incredible friends who go above and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)

Beholding & Becoming

“It’s impossible to behold what He has made and not be humbled as the created.” This beautiful book seeped in the richness of God’s Word ...